Friday Faves #1
Welcome to the inaugural Friday Faves post! I plan on sharing several things each Friday on the blog that I have been enjoying throughout that particular week. These can be health and fitness related, recipes I have made, foods I’m loving, workouts I completed, things I stumbled across online that deserve a share, etc. I would also love to hear about things that you are enjoying each week, so feel free to shout it out in the comments below!
Without further ado, here are this weeks faves:
1. Butcher Box! I just received my second shipment from this company and it is AMAZING! I love it so much. I recently read Food: What the Heck Should I Eat by Mark Hyman, and I am completely freaked out by factory farmed meat now. SOOO, this was an affordable option to buy a large amount of meat each month for meals. Not only is the quality for price great, but there is not a single piece of meat that I didn’t completely obsess over after eating last month. I HIGHLY recommend this service if you consume large amounts of meat and find yourself purchasing a lot from a local butcher or from Whole Foods (not to knock them because I LOVE a good Whole Foods shopping excursion). Plus, if you use this link, you’ll get 2 pounds of ground beef FREE for the life of your membership. How great is that?? http://fbuy.me/l_oxJ
2. These beauties-
Anyone else notice the insane amounts of pollen floating around? Don’t get me wrong, I am PUMPED for warmer temperatures and the Spring weather, but allergies are not the jam. Did you know that boosting your fruit and veggie intake can actually help aid in your fight against allergies? These amazing capsules flood your body with tons of whole fruits and vegetables to help your body with just that. I can attest, as a person who deals with horrible allergies to pollen each Spring, that I have finally found something that relieves me from that stuffy nose, sinus headache, itchy, watery eyes that I typically experience in the Spring time. Plus, BONUS: they come in a gummy form also and they’re delicious! Message me for details!
3. Primal Kitchens brand salad dressings. I started using these when I started my 30-day grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free challenge. This is definitely one of those habits that I will keep around. There are so many weird, hidden ingredients in things like dressings, marinades, and sauces. Sugar is a BIG one. Check your labels! This particular brand is super clean, Whole 30 approved, and contains a short list of ingredients, all of which I can pronounce. I originally bought these at Whole Foods, but have since found them at Kroger and Publix. Check them out. They will not disappoint!
4. Theos Dark Chocolate. Ok, I can’t lie, I did cheat on my 30-day challenge by adding back in Dark Chocolate. I did specify to myself that it had to be 70% or greater. Found these babies at Whole Foods (Kroger and Publix also sell them but they have fewer flavor options). These two flavors are my favorites but each bar I have tried is great. A couple squares each night is the perfect way to keep that sweet tooth at bay, while not feeling like you’re overdoing it with sugar!
5. Stevia Drops: I love the vanilla flavor, but there are others also. I use just a small squirt in my coffee each morning. Coaching the 5:30 and 6:30am CrossFit classes Monday-Friday means coffee is a MUST. Putting this flavor in my coffee each day makes me crave it every day when I wake up. I’ve been on this same routine for over a year now and I never get bored with it!
6. Client Successes. It has been so fun watching my clients achieve goals they have been working so hard to achieve. One of my favorites that happened this week is a client getting her first official toes to bar! She has been working flexibility, core strength, and breaking down the movement for months now, and her hard work finally paid off! So excited for her and all the rest of my clients that are conquering their 2019 goals!
7. BCAAs. This brand and flavor is definitely one of my new favorites. Added bonus- it contains electrolytes, so as the temperatures start to increase and we all get a bit sweatier as we exercise, electrolytes will help to replace those we lose through sweating. Plus, it tastes incredible.
8. Last but not least, I have to add in my late afternoon/evening walks with my pup. I am so happy (and I know he is thrilled too) that the sun is out more, and it is getting warm enough to go on long walks outside! Tucker has SO much energy that he needs to get out, and I just feel better after a nice walk outside in the sun at the end of a long day. Not only is it great exercise to add in a walk to the end of your day, but you are also getting some great time to decompress, put down your phone for a minute, and just enjoy the day. It’s stress relieving and a great time for meditation. Try adding it to your daily routine when the weather is good! You won’t regret it!
Feel free to share what you’re enjoying this week, and let me know if you try out any of my faves as well! Look for a recipe for my favorite grain-free, dairy free chocolate chip cookies to post tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your weekend!