Friday Faves #3
Happy (Good) Friday, friends! I'm looking forward to a fun Easter weekend with family and friends! Also, I gave up Coke Zero for lent, and YA GIRL gets to try out the new Orange Vanilla Coke Zero today. DON'T HATE! I am limiting my consumption of these "bad" drinks, but today is a celebration! I'll give you the full review tomorrow ;)...so much anticipation.
Tomorrow I have game night with my college roommates, plus the boys, and Sunday we are headed to my Mom's house to have Easter lunch. Can't wait for all the good food, laughs, and just some relaxation and fun with my friends and fam.
Friday means it's time for another rendition of Friday Faves! So without further ado, here are some things that I've been enjoying throughout the week:
1. Jumpsuits. Did y'all notice that the outfit I wore to the wineries last week was a jumpsuit? It's so cute and SUPER comfortable. Not to mention it came from Target and was super affordable. The legs also had slits all the way up the leg which was great, because I get hot easily. It was the perfect Spring outfit. So happy these are everywhere right now. Trust me, they are worth the awkwardness of basically having to undress in the restroom.
2. Grillo's Pickles. This is a recent discovery, and let me tell you, I could not be happier with my newfound snack fave. I have to watch myself, because I could probably down a whole jar of these in one sitting. If you've never had one, and especially if you are a pickle fan, get out there today and pick some of these up. They have several other flavors I want to try ASAP. You can also check out a bunch of my other snack favorites that I enjoy on a regular basis in this post.
3. This handsome guy. He is literally always on my favorites list, but I wanted to give a special mention because he was so cute this morning after the storms. He typically sleeps in his (GIGANTIC) dog bed on the opposite side of the bed from me, and he will stay there until he absolutely HAS to get up when I go to work (not a morning dog). I'm guessing he felt the need to come check on me late last night during the bad storms we were having. I woke up (and almost stepped on him) with him laying next to my side of the bed. He sat right up when I got up and nudged me with his nose. Dogs are the freaking best.
4. Working/studying at Starbucks. I know this is kind of a weird one, but I have really been enjoying getting out of the house to get some work done during the day. Between studying for my personal training recertification in May, and blogging, working from home gets tough for me, because I am VERY easily distracted by TV, my dog, chores around the house, wanting to grab a snack, you freaking name it. Grabbing my book bag and taking my computer to Starbucks down the road has been a lifesaver for keeping me on track. Plus, it's an excuse to buy more coffee (also a forever fave).
5. This Paleo blueberry waffle (recipe from my OMG that's Paleo? By Julie Bauer of the Paleomg blog). The ingredients are so clean, and every time I make it, I swear it tastes even better. Now that I'm thinking, this would make the PERFECT Easter brunch. I can't find a link to the recipe on her site, but literally all of her recipes are out-of-this-world delicious, so check out her whole site here- Paleomg.com or buy her first cookbook here. I will adapt the recipe a bit and post a similar version on my site in a few days!
6. Game of Thrones- this is a must right?? It's BACK! I mean, how do you even resist these two cuties?? I'm so happy right now. I love this show with all my heart and in 5 weeks, I will be SO SAD it's ending. HOWEVER, in the meantime, let's all go buy this GOT themed wine and eat these GOT themed Oreos while we still can! #Briemundforever
7. Dumbbells. I have really been loving my dumbbells lately. You can literally design an infinite number of workouts of ALL different types with just one set of dumbbells. Last weekend, I packed a set of 25 pound dumbbells for my trip out of town. I pulled up the Street Parking instagram page, and did one of their workouts in the front yard at my Dad's house. The workout took me under 20 minutes to complete, and I was a sweaty mess at the end. Dumbbells are great fitness tools that aren't terribly expensive, and are pretty portable if you are traveling by car! If you need ideas for dumbbell workouts, check out the Street Parking page, and look out for my upper body workout to post this weekend with both a dumbbell version and a no-equipment version for you to try!
8. Cashew Butter Cookies and Cream protein milkshake. I posted about smoothies last week, but I put together this combo earlier this week when I had a bunch of macros left at the end of the day. Dessert it is! I started with unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, added a scoop of cookies and cream protein powder, several cubes of ice, 2 tablespoons of cashew butter, and a squirt (probably like 1-2 tablespoons) of light chocolate syrup (if you're weird about that, you could probably just add a tablespoon of cocoa powder instead to give it the extra chocolatey taste), and blended until smooth. TO DIE FOR. It was seriously taking me back to my high school days when I would go to the Steak-n-Shake by the movie theater and (totally carefree) down a large cookies and cream milk shake. It's that good, probably better TBH.
So that's all I have for you for now! Let me know about your weekly faves in the comments below! What are you up to this weekend? Any fun Easter plans? I hope everyone has a perfect Easter weekend!